We take pride in the fact that our facility operates much like a private physician's practiceâ€”it's warm, friendly, and personal. No one is a number here, and we know all our patients by name. Our philosophy is to treat everyone like family. And we are continuously working to ensure every patient receives exceptional care.
That's one reason people who can choose treatment anywhere in the world keep choosing us. Your individual treatment plan takes into consideration much more than just your diagnosisâ€”it includes family history, lifestyle, general health and much more. We make sure that each and every patient receives the unrelenting compassion and personalized care they deserve.
Our cancer support services include:
- Genetic counseling
- Social work
- Nutritional counseling
- Nurse navigation
- Free breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening services for uninsured/underinsured Staten Island residents between the ages of 50 and 64
- Patient education programs
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Cancer data registry
- Pet and music therapy
- Psychiatric oncology service
- Support groups
- Personal Touch Boutique
Honors and awards
- Commission on Cancer Accreditationâ€”Received Outstanding Achievement Award nine years in a row
- Department of Radiation Medicine is accredited by the American College of Radiology
Cancer services at Staten Island University Hospital have received accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer for ambulatory cancer care. To earn accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, a cancer program must meet or exceed 34 quality standards, and it must maintain excellence in the delivery of patient-centered care throughout the entire three-year survey process.
Three-year accreditation with commendation is only awarded to a facility that exceeds standard requirements at the time of its triennial survey. The award is tangible recognition of the knowledge and commitment of the multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, cancer data registry staff, and other support personnel of the Cancer Services Program at Staten Island University Hospital.
- Cancer Services at Staten Island University Hospital is the recipient of the "Outstanding Achievement Award" from the Commission on Cancer
- Member of Association of Community Cancer Centers