At Staten Island University Hospital, our dental practice has expanded into a major teaching program, as our experts provide world-class dental care for eligible patients while training the dental professionals of tomorrow. Our department first obtained accreditation by the American Dental Association for our general practice residency program in 1970 and our pediatric residency program in 2005.
Our program and eligibility
All dental services are performed by our dental resident staff with supervision by the active attending staff. Eligible patients for our dental program include those who are covered by Medicaid, medically compromised, intellectually or developmentally disabled or who qualify through financial screening. Your financial eligibility will be determined by an interview with a finance department screener.
Services and treatments
Our department offers the following services:
- Dentistry for the intellectually or developmentally disabled
- Dentistry for the medically compromised
- Emergency care
- Endodontics (root canal)
- General dentistry (preventive care and fillings)
- Implant dentistry
- Oral surgery (extractions/treatment of fractures)
- Orthodontics (braces)
- Pediatric dentistry (dentistry for children)
- Periodontics (gum treatments)
- Prosthodontics (dentures, crowns, cemented bridges)