We know how important it is to be able to visit loved ones in the hospital. In alignment with the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), we have modified our policies and guidelines to allow limited visitation while still protecting patients, staff and visitors from COVID-19.
This information is subject to change and will be updated regularly. For more information on hospital visitation policies across Northwell Health, please visit our
EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 6, 2020
Notice Regarding Visitation
Our first priority is your safety and the safety of our patients, community, and team members.
Staten Islandâ€™s COVID-19 positivity rate continues to increase.
As a result, visitation will be temporarily suspended at our SIUH North location, with limited exceptions.
- Please be our partner in keeping you and our community safe during this visitation change.
- Additional communication efforts are being implemented to keep our patients connected with their loved ones during their stay.
Staten Island University Hospital is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is not allowed in the hospital, or in any area outside the hospital, including the parking lots. This includes electronic cigarettes. The Center for Tobacco Control offers free stop smoking programs. Please ask a staff member for a brochure or call (516) 466-1980 for more information. You also can reach our center by emailing [email protected] or visiting our website .
Visitor ID badges
For the safety of our patients, visitors and staffâ€”all visitors and patients, including guests of employeesâ€”must check in with security upon entering the hospital. Security personnel will scan the guestâ€™s valid photo ID and/or take a picture and print a personalized badge for visitors to display and identify themselves on hospital property. Badges are used to scan through optical barriers at the entrances, must be worn at all times and will remain active for 72 hours, after which visitors must check in to obtain a new badge. Returning visitors need only mention their name for a badge. All information is stored on an internal secure database. Your safety is our priority. If you see an individual without a badge, please promptly inform a staff member.
For our visitorsâ€™ convenience, parking lots are located adjacent to both Staten Island University Hospital campuses (Ocean Breeze and Prince's Bay). Valet parking is available at the Ocean Breeze site at the Tower entrance.
Because time spent in the hospital can be one of spiritual growth and healing, pastoral care is available to support your needs with priests, rabbis, imams, ministers and pastoral care associates. Call ext. 9435 to request the sacraments, communion, confession, and/or anointing, or to request your personal clergy person.
A Christian chapel is located on the main floor across from the elevators for all of our patients, their families and staff. The chapel is open 24/7. Bikur Cholim is located in Room 2D22 at the Ocean Breeze site for our Jewish patients, their families and staff. The Muslim prayer room is located on the second floor of the main building for our Muslim patients, their families and staff.
- Ocean Breeze site: A Catholic mass is celebrated at 4pm on Saturdays, 1:30pm on Sundays, and 1pm on holy days of obligation in the Regina McGinn Center on the second floor.
- Prince's Bay site: Mass is celebrated Saturdays at 5pm. All services are in the main conference rooms and are viewable on TV Channel 15.
- A Muslim prayer service is held on Fridays at 1:30pm in the Muslim Prayer Room.
- All services are televised on Channel 86.
If you need cash during your visit, ATMs are available in four locations:
- On the ground floor of the main lobby
- On the second floor cafeteria (Ocean Breeze)
- On the first floor in the gift shop (Prince's Bay)
- In the main lobby (Prince's Bay)
Located in the lobby of both hospital sites, our gift shops stock convenience and specialty items. If you need a special gift for someoneâ€”birthday, anniversary, holiday, or other special occasion giftâ€”visit us in the gift shop or call us and we will have a personal shopper help you select, wrap, and mail your gift.
You can call the gift shop at ext. 8302 (Ocean Breeze) or ext. 2047 (Prince's Bay).
Food & amenities
We have healthy options for meals, beverages and snacks including kosher and halal meals upon request.
- Ocean Breeze site: 2nd floor, main building
- Hours: 7am to 7:30pm
- Princeâ€™s Bay site: Lower level, main building
- Hours: 7:30am to 7pm
Located at the Ocean Breeze site on the first floor, Tower lobby, the Atrium Express offers grab and go foods.
Monday through Friday: Open 24 hours
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 3am
Lost & found
If you lose or find anything while at the hospital, you can contact Security at (718) 226-8419.
The information desk helps patients and visitors get where they need to go. Located in the main lobbies on both campuses, our information desk can help you with:
- General information such as locations for food, ATMs, gift shops and more
- Maps and directions to hospital departments and physiciansâ€™ offices
- Bus and train schedules
- Parking information
- Details about religious and spiritual services
- Directions to other Northwell Health facilities
- Upcoming events, news and weather on our digital bulletin board